Thursday, June 26, 2003

5/5/03

enchanted apple
awakens one hidden truth
now your world shall change


Back from the orthopedist. I've got physical therapy coming up, and 3 weeks of no work (at that point, I go back and see the doctor to see how I'm doing.)

On Crutches for the duration. Treating the knee and hip with ice, back with heat.

Well... Let see if I can make this month a healing one. The folks at JKG have been very understanding, and it looks like I'll be working for them from home via good ol' citrix and pc anywhere. Very cool, and I'm glad of that. Full salary rather than workman's comp.

Sure, I can't chill out, now that the fun superhero movies are coming out. Hulk, X2, The Matrix 2... ah well. If need be, I'll download them if I don't get to see them in the theatre.

Kartoo has made improvements on the search engine... fascinating. Vanity searches can be illuminating.

I discovered cretin's LiveJournal link page. it looks like I’m in good company, considering bq and sebab are on there.

I thought I made out like a bandit in There... my sis is getting a boatload of clothes form the PGM crew... D, Chias and Whims have been very friendly and welcoming to her as well as myself...

I need to go back to the "five minutes writing about a random word or phrase" project. Just not right now.

"It's going to take time to find them."
In an interview with Tom Brokaw, George Bush said he still believes some Weapon of Mass Destruction™ will be found but that "it's going to take time to find them." It's just too bad that he wasn't willing to give UN weapons inspectors that kind of time.

In spite of everything, though, I honestly hope they do find a giant pile of WMDs - if they don't, we look like even bigger jerks. I love being right, but I would gladly suffer the cries of "I told you so" if they found a huge stash of nerve gas or anthrax or whatever, and bunch of missiles to launch it, and we could be good guys again instead of the bullies of the world. I'd like George Bush to be right about something for once. I'd like ONE SINGLE THING he's said to not be a self-serving lie.

Somehow I don't think it's going to happen, though.

From waxy-

If you're going to videotape your Star Wars fighting skills on a school camera, remember to remove the cassette when you're done. Watch this embarrassingly good video (Windows Media video).

It didn't take long for the online community to remix it with full Star Wars special effects and lightsaber noises. I have no idea where this video originated from; if you know this kid, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home