Friday, August 01, 2003

7/22/03
Perhaps the best ever episode of Samauri Jack last night.. a really good treatment of a exciting and yet spooky posessed house story. Speaking of which - Real-life ghost stories. I don't know if any of them are real, but I like to pretend they are, and then proceed to scare the tar out of myself. After about twenty or thirty minutes of them, sitting in your room with the lights off, you start to hear things; start to imagine what might be outside the window right now, waiting for you.

The MRI company screwed up, and thought that my appointment is today rather than wednesday.. so I had call to reschedule cancel my appointment for the foot piece. I'm sure the MRI has priority. I've left a message, and hopefully they canfit me in wednesday about the time of my last appt.

Semi-cheated and added more feeds to my friend's list. I don't feel too guilty, because there's no huge text, just comics and pictures of the day. I made a filter that will allow viewing of feeds that are primarily "pictures" I don't know if it'll work for folks that aren't me, though. (warning, some of the photos can be bandwidth suckers)

I would also like a swimming pool to work in, and a Jacuzzi to soften up before, and relax in after. While I'm making wishes, I haven't had takeout in forever, and the last time I've eaten out was with Dan at Subway the other week. I'm in the mood for some delicious, not-made-by-me, fresh food. There's an assortment of things I'd really enjoy, but I would really like some Thai or Indian food especially, but I could go for just about anything that didn't come out of the freezer or cupboard. I suspect the latter is more of an immediate possibility.

I noticed that the userpic page is now 2-up, rather than one long strip of icons. I'm not sure which style I prefer.

Three words as reasons to see The Pirates of the Carribean movie: Zombie. Pirate. Monkey.

Microsoft chosen as exclusive Homeland Security contractor +
Microsoft admits critical flaw in nearly all Windows software =
Terror Alert raised to Blue Screen Of Death

Former Ugandan leader Idi Amin - whose 1971 to 1979 regime was one of the bloodiest in African history - reportedly remains in a coma after three days on a life support machine.

Random Scotto factoid - As a boy my parents would slip me a lifesaver before taking communion, because I didn't like the taste of the bread or wine served as host at my church. (preferably butterscotch, rather than a mint... mint just made it worse)

a year ago - dreams, sounds, guns, action comics #1, hello kitty stress test, bike named, infinity

2 years ago - Cohort, fwap, morning speech quiz, coloring game, kitty cookies, sunflower bread, web indexes, english language, Olestra conspiracy

3 years ago - X-men with Dan, Robb's Radio, went to Hops, April reading my LJ

pythoness (PIE-thuh-nis) noun
1. A woman with the power of divination.

2. The priestess of Apollo at Delphi in Greek mythology.

[Ultimately from Greek puthon (python).]
"The coffee finds nothing else in the sack, and so it attacks these
delicate and voluptuous linings; it acts like a food and demands
digestive juices; it wrings and twists the stomach for these juices,
appealing as a pythoness appeals to her god ..."

Honore de Balzac; The Pleasures and Pains of Coffee; 1830s.
(translated from the French by Robert Onopa)


Dear scam lotteries,

You'd be at least a *little* more likely to trick me if the reply address didn't go back to yahoo, hotmail or Netscape. If you’re going to give me $500,000, you could afford your own domain. megalottery@hotmail.com and standardtrust@netscape.net make me assume that you're just a big ol' fibber. (In addition to my not using the mail address you sent to register anything, especially on-line lotteries or quizzes.)

Sincerely,
Scott-you-no-fool-me-O’Bear.

Ugh... my doctor is going on a 3 1/2 week vacation. Even though I got a MRI this morning, I won't get to see him until 8/25 9am, at the very earliest to review it. I am glad that he straightened out worker’s comp before launching. (I've not heard hide nor hair from them since I talked to the doctor.)

Overall the MRI went very well, and I got to talk to the guy who took the best care of me in the Delray hospital when I first was hurt. The only downsides were that due to a loose cable, I had to be rescanned twice, and it got pretty uncomfortable in my sarcophagus, and the "scanning dye" injection went in without feeling a thing... but when I removed the band-aid, it took a good bit of hair with it, as well as a surface layer of skin. My blood pressure was decent at, 116/76.

The Likely Story posits that George W. Bush may have epilepsy, and that the disease or its medication may be responsible for several otherwise hard-to-explain Bush moments, including "the Pretzel Incident." There's some anecdotal evidence to support it, and Bush has never released his full medical records. Most people thought that was perhaps to hide his younger drug abuse, but maybe not... I do feel that medical records are a public interest piece, and that if he does have something along those lines, it should be brought to the public's attention, if only to raise awareness of the disease.

secondhand bad breath causes spontaneous human combustion.

Sometimes it feels like...

Random Scotto factoid - When I think of 80's songs appropriate to Halloween (As I just was), I think of Rockwell's "Somebody's watching me"


I'm just an average guy with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey hell I pay the price
But I want is to be left alone in my average home
But why do I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone

*I always feel that somebody's watchin' me
And I have no privacy
I always feel that somebody's watchin' me
Is it just a dream?

When I come home at night
I bolt the door real tight
People call me on the phone
I'm trying to avoid
Well, can the people on TV see me or am
I just paranoid

Chorus

When I'm in the shower, I'm afraid to wash my hair
I might open my eyes and find someone standing there
People say I'm crazy, just a little touched
But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much
That's why...

I always feel like somebody's watching me
Who's playing tricks on me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell me it can't be

I don't know anymore
Are the neighbors watching me
Well is the mailman watching me
And I don't feel safe anymore, oh what a mess
I wonder who's watching me now?
Who? The IRS?

I always feel like somebody's watching me
Who's playing tricks on me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
I can't enjoy my tea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home