Saturday, October 26, 2002

10/22
CNN has a weird news section now. Pretty, because they have higher production values than Reuter's "Oddly Enough" which is my other fun wacky news source.

Playing with the eviltron Rubik’s cube,while my hair dries from the shower. I really like the astronauts. I still have a tiny keychain cube around here somewhere, too. Rubik’s too calm and placid? Go run over pedestrians, then. Especially with the groovy soundtrack it has. My best score there to date is 105 little dead German senior citizens.

Also see bookworm... scrabble meets bejeweled. if it becomes available for the palm, I'm in trouble.

Randomly placed Pirate ghost with space-laser sword  - ARrr! He Has nothing to do with any of the text in this entry. The moon was beautiful last night, as was the quiet chirping of crickets in accompaniment. my thoughts were pleasant as I drifted off to sleep, thinking of her nestled close... a peaceful, blissful time to be sure. Awake and in the daylight now, some overflow remains...I'm going to keep and hold that seed of calm, and mentally try to get it to bloom over me today. Things at work have been a little pesky lately, and I carry thoughts of her as a touchstone to keep me happy and tranquil. I want to give her cow tales, hold her in my arms, and tell her how much I love her.

Work has begun on my second variation of my beloved in miniature... still in the planning stages. I wonder if cellophane will work as the more transparent aspects of the new costume? This one may take a while to develop properly.

Had a moment of stupidity yesterday, but I think that I've successfully squelched it. it hasn't reared it's ugly head today, much to my relief

There’s some sort of flu-bug going around work, making folks icky-sicky here and there. It’s tagged Island Boy, Chupa, Kev and I'm not sure who else. My eyes were burning a little yesterday, but that seems to have faded. I'll be happy if it bypasses the rest of the gang... a few people going on vacation in the next week or two... (Myself included) they don't need boogie-snots to mess it up.
Simple Home-Made remedy That is Free from Opiates and Harmful Drugs.
An effective remedy that will usually break up a cold in twenty-four hours, is easily made by mixing together in a large bottle two ounces of Glycerine, a half-ounce of Virgin Oil of Pine compound pure and eight ounces of pure Whisky. This mixture will cure any cough that is curable, and is not expensive as it makes enough to last the average family an entire year. Virgin Oil of Pine compound pure is prepared only in the laboratories of the Leach Chemical Co., Cincinnati, O.

- Minnetonka Record, January 28, 1910
Sappho and Riker are taking off for a week-ish on Friday Going to spend Halloween at the campground on the peace river. I bet that'll be a hoot.

My goal today is to see at least three people smiling.

People only seem to ever remember Nietzsche's "That which does not kill me" quote. Here's one of his which I like a lot more:

"I would believe in a god who could dance. And when I saw my devil I found him serious, thorough, profound, and solemn: it was the spirit of gravity - through him all things fall. Not by wrath does one kill but by laughter. Come; let us kill the spirit of gravity! I have learned to walk: ever since, I let myself run. I have learned to fly: ever since, I do not want to be pushed before moving along. Now I am light, now I fly, now I see myself beneath myself, now a god dances through me."


Good news... We're switching insurance companies at last...and the dental is staying as is. I got a refund on my aflack I discontinued the service, but they never stopped pulling it from my paycheck. All better now! Posted an update to the automatic writing thing in the original entry... I heartily recommend anyone being a member there leave before the association is made. (well, perhaps that's too harsh. I just think that the moderator there is a bee-itch.)

Picture of my bike on the front of the route 60
The Route 60... travels north up Andrews to where I work. Picture taken at the central Terminal. I had to buy my monthly pass today, and I got my quota of smiles there. That reminds me, time to synch the palm.
On my way to work this morning... the guy on the left brushed his hair in the window reflection for about fifteen minutes.  Pretty Sky in the windshield... I'm rather surprised I'm not reflected in it.


Ok, the new palm client isn't so hot... revised update here.

three smiles before I even made it into work.

one - a older spanish couple talking and joking about someone's brother... (that's all I could make out.. my Spanish is spotty at best) broad, smiles and laughter.

two - A 20-something guy that just made it to the bus as it was getting ready to pull away.

three - a little boy looked at me and I waved... he smiled and waved back, with great enthusiasm. I really dig that. Future looks friendly!

actually, #1 could count as two, but it's an informal tally. Made my day. I think I'm going to go on a smile photo-safari soon.

oh, Newt's being cute, and since the webcam is being fritzy, I took some digipix instead. It's been a span since I've put any up, so I think four is acceptable. I really enjoy looking at the patterns in his fur...I think that it's close enough that I could make an animated icon, possibly.


a different perspective than the others... falling asleep as I type.

you can tell he's sooo soft! a little shot of his "eyeliner" too.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home