Saturday, December 07, 2002

12/4/02

The Island boy worked with me late tonight, and we regaled one another with stories of school days and fights seen. Being a school kid in Jamaica is much more in the English style than the USA. Cane across the hands and forearms for punishment. Even in my school, you only got the paddle across the hinder, or suspension. The Islander is a really funny guy when you get him to open up... we had quite a chucklefest.

I'm hoping that I can get holiday shopping ironed out by the end of next weekend if all goes well... I'm going easy this year, so I think it's possible.

Travel *does* affect my drawing / writing style.
The Difference between North and South Andrews Avenue.

A friendly fly/ant/bug-head
A bug. He's friendly, though he looks scary. Just feed him poo.

Karen is a little scaredy of alligators... when she goes fossiling... Is braving the water worth a prehistoric tooth?
Making fun of Sappho's fear of Gators on Peace River.

A smiley... There was no open flame when I drew this.
I see you... I don't know why the person has a candle.

That's enough of that... off to work with me, dear journal.

Rainy morning.... very peaceful and calm. I imagine that in a more northern climate that it'd be a light dusting of snow on everything.

My sweetheart looks delightful all dolled up for work... I'd prefer to stay home with her and smooch, with little house on the prairie on TV in the background. I've got a big case of the cuddles this morning. Just a nice feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home