Tuesday, August 12, 2003

8/2/03
Random Scotto Stuff - My first job for a large company (Taco Viva, Boynton Beach Mall, 1985, I think?) payed minimum wage, at the time $3.35 an hour. I made enough for gas a telephone line and car insurance.

Electronics Boutique paid a bit better than that, and for a while I worked dual-duty. The stink of EB and the Bookstore was that I was required to wear a tie.

When I started at the library, in high school, the wage was $4.42 an hour. That was part-time, and paid under $300 a month after taxes. Six years later, when I stopped working there, I was making just under double that. (Which was a good thing, because my first solo dwelling, a studio, cost me $330 a month in rent.) Happily, I found better pay being an assistant manager at a bookstore near my apartment and school.

Added some fun games to the Toybox...Plastic Balls!, Clay Kitten Skeet Shooting, Hairball Bowling, Hexxagon and The Pipe Game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home