Saturday, March 01, 2003

2/22/03
Talking to my din-din.

Allow me to introduce myself. My Name is Scott O. Bear, Genius. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college. And so, let's get down to cases. You are a pot of beans and rice... and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are. And I'm a genius, while you could hardly pas the entrance examinations to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers."

I'm now irradiating it with some lovely garlic-olive oil, onion, green pepper, parsley, and whatever oddball tasty spices I can find. It's been true to form.... no complaints, no begging for mercy. I admire its quiet stoicism, with only the occasional bubble as the temperature rises on the stovetop.

Sweet rain outside. Came from nowhere... It'll vanish just as swiftly. I'm enjoying it while it visits.

update- hmm... tremendous amounts of rain, lots of wind.

checking weather.com


Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL 955 PM EST SAT FEB 22 2003
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MIAMI HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... NORTHWESTERN PALM BEACH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST FLORIDA NORTHEASTERN HENDRY COUNTY IN SOUTHERN FLORIDA

* UNTIL 1045 PM EST

* AT 955 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WITH DAMAGING WINDS 10 MILES SOUTH OF CLEWISTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR... LAKE HARBOR BY 1010 PM EST BELLE GLADE BY 1015 PM EST PAHOKEE BY 1025 PM EST CANAL POINT BY 1030 PM EST

IF SEVERE WEATHER APPROACHES YOUR AREA...GO INSIDE A STURDY BUILDING AWAY FROM WINDOWS. REMEMBER...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAN PRODUCE DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 55 MPH...DEADLY LIGHTNING...AND VERY HEAVY RAIN.

FREQUENT LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. IF OUTDOORS...STAY AWAY FROM ISOLATED HIGH OBJECTS SUCH AS TREES. MOVE INDOORS IF POSSIBLE. WHEN INDOORS...STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS AND DOORS AND AVOID USING TELEPHONES UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY. TRY TO UNPLUG UNNECESSARY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES BEFORE THE THUNDERSTORM APPROACHES.

IF YOU ARE CAUGHT OUTSIDE...SEEK SHELTER FROM THE WEATHER IN A STRONG BUILDING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home