Saturday, March 15, 2003

3/10/03
I got a gig with TAG... Just have to go pee in a bottle tomorrow morning. I'll be starting there The Monday after my last Friday at my current gig. (3/31 is the new start date). Not bad, a way to keep some pocket change until I get slid into a more comfy position. There are a gazillion tech support and sales gigs out there, but I really prefer to program and work inside an industry with decent pay. Despite my usually gentle nature and ability to schmooze, my tolerance for evil and mean spirited folks is really minimal. Looks like Mr. Oracle is the way to go!

I'm still really disappointed in Nordis's level of professionalism regarding calling me back.

So many Miami positions require you to be bilingual! I'm amazed that a non-public interaction post would require such stuff.

That's a price of the melting pot. Folks that don't want to learn English start a business, it becomes a success, and potential employees have to bow to that person's desires.

Lovely walk home from the terminal tonight. Warmish, but comfortable.

Thought about walking with my sweetheart under the dim city lights, through the part of town that's safe, yet unattended at that time of the evening. From federal all the way to twelfth there's a movie-set aspect of walking home. It can be odd, walking through an area that has so much activity until about six pm two hours or so after the fact. You can still sort of feel that folks were inside and outside recently, but they've all departed for regions west. It's not spooky like three blocks in, though those three blocks are also safe... just no street lamps to keep things visible. Something special and private that I'd like to share with her... walking, holding hands, and feeling like we're the only two people on the planet, at least for a little bit. We can accomplish that indoors, certainly.. but outside, in a city... it's different. I look forward to doing that very thing... hopefully sometime soon.

Sweetie and I walking under what I attempted to make look like scaffolding or the Haunted Tunnel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home