Sunday, July 06, 2003

6/30/03

Wow. Remember asking for a better vibe? It arrived. :)

A day of wonders and good cheer.

I can't even remotely say how happy I am about the day's events.

Talked to three cool people today; Danny at lunch, Ray after, and my sweetie after that. So nice!

Lunch with Danny was groovy... we had Thai (I had red curry tofu) , and a long rambling talk about assorted things.... my journal, his church, his 8-hour Saturday class, FAU's horrible record-keeping and baurocratic system, my brother, gaming, There... and lots more. Gave Danny a stamp to put on his good student's papers..."Double Happiness"

Double Happiness

Ack, photos didn't come out from today very well. We went past a number of art galleries on Las Olas... some amazing sculptures in the windows there... sadly, the female forms made of chain and coins didn't come out an auction house with tons of ivory had this cool dragon boat in the window... all hand carved. I don't even want to know how much that much old ivory is costing.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/v/svonberg/lj063003/ivoryboat.JPG

We got some chocolate covered pretzels form Kilwins for dessert... (I got some rocky road fudge for later) Dan teased Bonnie, who was putting out chocolate coins, and she was reasonably cool with it. The smell was heavenly. Interesting woodcarvings of African animals, too.

Afterwards, I got home, managed to get some work happening, and got a nice phone call from Ray... it's been about 7 years since I spoke with him voice, and he sounds exactly the same. It was great fun catching up with him, even though work sort of interrupted a few times near the bottom. That’s the high price of telecommuting, I suppose. I look forward to more gabs in the future.

Nobody's business but mine what I gabbed to sweetie about, but suffice to say, she's spellbinding.

From an email tonight -

A line from Dan's textbook:"Learning, Creating, and Using Knowledge" by Joseph D. Novak, 1998.

From chapter 1, page 7:
"If schooling as we know it now ranks a 2 or 3 on a scale of 10, . . . I predict we shall see improvements to a level of 7 or 8 in 20 years. Considering that almost no progress has been made in the past 40 years, I recognize how optimistic my prediction is."
Sakes. I can only hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home