Sunday, July 06, 2003

6/24/03

Pleasantly surprised yesterday! I heard from Ray out of the blue. Strange, in that Danny and I were just talking about Man of Iron & the rest the other day. I've already written him back, and look forward to rekindling the friendship that was once there. We've both agreed to let whatever happened be water under the bridge. It was a nice event, and I hope the goodwill continues. I was quite happy to hear that Dart is still kicking and Kooky as ever. Dart's part of the reason I was willing to Foster Newt.

Superhero special on History Channel tonight was good, but like most history channel fare, there are too many commercials. A very complete overview. Hooray for Jim Steranko! Will Eisner looks very good for his age, surprisingly so. I wonder if his interview was done a few years back?

Dan asked for Ray's email address, too. With Ray's permission I'll give it. Perhaps they can get back in communication, too. It'd be nice to see folks all back together. I gave Dan’s addy to Ray... I hope I remembered the proper spelling.

Rick is moving North, as his Wife has a new gig with universal. He's got a comic out, and is in the works for big promotions coming soon.

I got a citation on Blogpulse? pretty neat... I wonder how they found me. I'll have to research it more.

Pondering Raleigh NC in about a year. And a vacation trip to Orlando in the nearer future. Both make me smile.

my vampire rank just hit count at 2504 pints.

It's funny to me that Danny got a gift certificate form Xanadu hair design. He's gotten a manicure, a pedicure and a facial so far, and sounds like he really enjoyed it. :)

I also heard back from Gali which is so nice... my first there-buddy. (Out for months with Computer and life issues).
Tomorrow morning is the net meeting with the big boys at the office re: the booth management system. I think they'll be pleased with the result, though I have some work left to polish it up and make it shine.

[edit] Well, crap. I was synchronizing it to the main server (I thought) and it turns out that I've downloaded a much older version over my new one. It looks like I've lost like a week or two's worth of work, though it should be much faster to reconstruct rather than redesign. I sent an email off to Mark, and I hope he understands. Crap. That'll teach me not to save with version numbers, and not to make extra backups elsewhere on my system.

Bro and I got a postcard from Mom in Sweden today, and I need to get that to the bro for his collection. He's been very good about calling and checking in with me lately, so I know he's got work and a place to stay.

Earlier, Ray reminded me of my first big superhero character, Trism. Abducted by aliens at Grover’s mill, he was experimented on as a way for humans to develop "true movement" or teleportation. Mental blank, returned in the 90's (unaged) with only the haziest memories of the event. Got to play the "1940's sensibility, 60 years later" He wasn't a racist or ignorant though. He was the "Good old days" sort… sanitized like a cartoon character could be.

I can't seem to remember many of Pam's characters... she cycled through them fairly rapidly, if memory serves... testing out different disads and etc. I vaguely remember a shadow controller and a mute (I don't think that they were one in the same, but it's possible.). There seems to be an echo of witty banter in the back of my mind, but it’s a haze. The other, more regular characters are stronger in my mind... Like Magneta's multiple personalities, (some stored on a chip... I do remember liking the one on the chip rather than the vigilante's actual mind), the giant powerhouse with his bomb on the roof,

Kyoko was nifty... the proto-ghost. She could make parts of her body desolid, and just do martial arts with solid hands and feet. (That didn't work well when caught in an area effect blast, mind you.) Leroy, the one-handed Danny Glover sidekick was something, as was the New-age store proprietor Mandy, who was quickly glommed onto as a romantic interest.

After doing a quick search on my journal for Trism, I pulled up an entry from about a year back, regarding the Colinas and my fandom of same, as well as the rest of that gang. I fairly gushed about them a year ago. I'm glad I'm getting a chance to be friends again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home