Thursday, May 01, 2003

3/19/03
Good grief. So hot out today... lots of transiting around pre-work. The job in Miami looks good, save for the headhunter's negativity about the commute. I told him repeatedly and in no uncertain terms that I'm quite used to 90 minutes on the road.

On the flipside, the place I visit on Friday is not quite literally a hop, skip and a jump from my front door... and it's a far more creative and comfortable position. More to follow tonight, after I get home. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy the A/C.

Here's a cut from the weather channel - Man, hotter than I thought.

87°F, Partly Cloudy, Feels Like 95°F

UV Index: 3 Low
Dew Point: 74°F
Humidity: 65%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 29.79 inches and steady
Wind: From the Southeast at 16 mph

Hmm... my bio page has me on ICQ, but I'm not. Must've been a reboot since I was home.

3/19/03 12:28 pm
Just met the most negative recruiter I’ve ever had the displeasure to meet. He seems to think that a 90-min. commute is too difficult for a person to make, even after i explained my comfort with it... Especially considering the length of time I’ve commuted in the past. I think that I’ll have to be the motivation in that partnership.

Friday is the bigger interview with a different company. Hopefully that meeting spawns a nice career change that's got some monetary, creative, and local appeal. The local dba / Internet programming position strikes me as far more pleasant than management and programming in Miami. I have yet to do a full benefits comparison, but i know what I’d find more pleasant. Management is a real chore, and while i can do it well, it can be quite a drag, depending on who is on your team.

Unreal Tournament is set up all over the place at work. We'll have provisions for at least 12-15 people easily.

Looks like Clarke's coming, as is Bheesh and Son. Joe looks pretty doomed, as he's never played a first person shooter before, and his PC is *just* barely able to run the software. It'll be fun shooting him many many times.

I'll be playing on the big fat 21" monitor, since Island Boy will probably opt out of playing... sad, because it'd be nice to have him along, too. But, it's better than my normal work monitor, plus his machine has a zippier graphics card. Bheesh is going to be Darth Vader, if we can get the skin to work properly.

Ah well, not much to say tonight, dear journal. Today was reasonable, with some good and bad in there. I hope tomorrow's a better one, but I'd hope that even if today was a nine out of ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home