Wednesday, August 20, 2003

8/15/03
By the light of the full moon, I get sort of goofy and fuzzy. Not a big difference, really.


Sunup isn't for another hour or so, but I can hear the world outside waking up, with the night-sounds being replaced by those of the day. it's quiet enough that road traffic is perceptible over the rained-on roads outside, wheels cutting through the film of water that's settled on the surface, and is pooling in tiny nooks and crannies of the asphalt. Night-insects like crickets have given way to some early rising birds beginning to twitter a bit... I wonder how many of the former were gobbled up by the latter.

I reckon I'll try laying down and reading a trifle... try to shut my eyes before the room fills with the dawn.

until later, dear journal.

Around 9:30 this morning some dingleberry came knocking on Frankie's door, and was persistent about it to wake me from a deep sleep. After the guy knocked and pounded at the guy's door for about 5 minutes, (maybe more... who knows how long before he woke me) I called out to him to knock it off, which he did. I fell back asleep a moment later, and it's possible (though not likely) that it was a dream, and I never woke up.

Was planting vineyards a part of the crusades? You need to have wine nearby if you want to transubstantiate... or is wine ubiquitous enough that it didn't matter by that point?

Considering how much Danny likes mermaids and the area where we live, I'm surprised he's never been to Weeki Wachee... Maybe I'll take him there for his birthday or Christmas this go-'round. Make a day of it and then swing by Busch Gardens afterwards. (I haven't been to BG in years.) He's not a big one for the roller coasters, though...I suspect he'd like to jaunt up to Tampa for a day and just goof off.



Google calculator is good random fun. (personally, one Newton is at least 17 lbs of force, but he doesn't know he's a unit of measure, too)

The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Illustrated with the original artwork.

Way too much Google calculator fun:

  • How long can you play a full 30GB mp3 player without repeating a song? Answer: 18.2 days

  • How many seconds in a decade? Answer: 315,569,260

  • 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit in Celsius? Answer: 37 degrees

  • How many feet in a smoot? Answer: 5.58

  • What's the answer to life, the universe and everything? Answer: 42

  • What's the answer to life, the universe and everything multiplied by the speed of light divided by three teaspoons? Answer: 8.51523871 × 1014 m-2 s-1

  • What's the speed of a Delorean going back in time? Answer: 47,600,819,200 m3 kg/s4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home