Wednesday, August 20, 2003

8/17/03
It's amazing to me what triggers exist in my mind. Some stuff will make my heart skip a beat on seeing them, or even just thinking of things will cause me to get caught in a wave of feelings. I'm really fortunate that the feelings are generally warm, amorous ones. So, I'm feeling pretty good, despite whatever slings and arrows are coming my way. Thinking about my sweetheart, or watching Newt bouncing around like a nut gives me a nice vibe.

I couldn't find my measuring cup *anywhere* this morning.. I looked on every shelf, and inside the fridge that I could retrace my steps to. Fortunately, I've got another one that came with the bread machine, but it's not a "pour-spout" one, more of a plastic cylinder.. but it was good enough to measure breakfast. Afterwards, it drove me to distraction, so I scoured every inch of the kitchen and dining area until I could find it... eventually, it turned up... behind the fridge. I'm going to blame a little orange so-and-so for that maneuver, or a playful ghost.

I was up pretty late last night.. watched the last half of the long version of Dune and then Futureworld absently, while reading in bed. Futureworld wasn't bad, but it made me want to watch Westworld instead. I didn't realize that Michael Crichton wrote the original, though looking back on it, it seems pretty obvious. Christopher Lambert is showing his age lately, but Lou Diamond Phillips is still looking quite young. in the Sci-Fi TV ad for Absolon.

Rocket
I'm taking a Rocket
I'm packing my suitcase
Hey look out Moon
Yeah a rocket
Into Outer Space
Goodbye Human Race
I'll be there soon

Blastoff
For fun and adventure
Yes I said adventure
Collecting Stones

Yeah it's my way
Or the 'ole space highway
That's why they all say
"There goes Astronaut Jones!"


Very nifty and *free* router software, via ... I may be putting that to work soon.

The nearby art theater is showing Gigantic (A Tale of Two Johns), a documentary about They Might Be Giants.... I'd like to catch that some time this week.


Inu
You're An Inu (Dog)!
Loyal and protective. A true friend all the way.
You love having yours ears scratched, and being
near your loved ones.


What Type Of Anime Character Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
The Princess Bride
I'm sure it's no big surprise to you that your
romance is The Princess Bride. A heartwarming
tale of "Twue Wuve" that has giants,
Spaniards and swashbuckling. You really do
think that love can overcome anything. You may
be a touch naive but your heart is certainly in
the right place. You've probably got one of
those relationships where proper nouns have
been replaced with "Snookums" and
"Pookie Pie". Eww. Beware a cuteness
overload.


What Romance Movie Best Represents Your Love Life?
brought to you by Quizilla
HASH(0x87c8018) -  You are the rock, the keystone of your friends and family. they look to you for devotion or attention, but when the situation is dire, even the idols and exhibitionists will turn to you. you are the trusted, the loved. you have a capacity to love more deeply than any other type, and are fiercely devoted to your friends and lovers. Highly idealistic, you would sacrifice everything for a person or cause you believe in. But you trust so deeply and compassionately that a betrayal could shatter you. Jealousy is your downfall, and sometimes you need to give people more space and not become so enamored. Be careful who you place your trust in, for a protector’s broken heart will never fully heal. the world needs more of you, but you are few. Sometimes it seems as if you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders.
Protector


The ULTIMATE personality test
brought to you by Quizilla



You can make paintings in CSS? pretty fascinating stuff. (leave the window open for at least 2 minutes to see particularly nifty results) might make for an interesting active desktop.

3-D Stress Ball...a very addictive little game.

Saddam has a personal wizard??

a year ago - Saturday mornings, heroclix, band names, toad turmoil, recorder, fun gab
2 years ago - page pondering
3 years ago - bakery-dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home