Saturday, December 07, 2002

11/26/02

Newton comes a-runnin' for the fresh, delicious taste of pre-processed chicken-parts.

Coded like a man possessed today. The day went by like the dickens as a result.

My headlight went very dim on the bike home tonight... I wonder if there's an energy-efficient way to charge my light batteries via the pedal power used while cycling? Would an alternator work effectively? I've got the batteries recharging in the bay as I type this.

Oh, that my brother had an Amazon wish list. It'd make shopping for him so much simpler.


I profited from Kel's loss... I didn't know that they'd decide to send me a replacement bag.

Dear Mr. Von Berg:

Thank you for contacting General Mills about the problem you had with Chex Peanut Lover's snack mix. As a responsible manufacturer, we strive to produce high quality products. We are sorry your experience did not meet the standards we expect from our products.

Our packaging equipment is designed to ensure that all ingredients are combined in correct proportions. It's possible that a mechanical failure was responsible for the condition you've described. We appreciate that you have taken the time to notify us and will review the information you provided with the product team. Please be assured that an adjustment will be sent to the address you have shared.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and hope you will continue to use and enjoy our products.

Sincerely,
Jennie Taylor
General Mills
Consumer Services

Original Message

Dear Sir or Madam:
Yesterday, my sister got a bag of your peanut lover's chex mix, (which I could not find on your product page). To her colossal dismay, there was but a lone peanut, lost amid the assorted other crunchy flotsam and jetsam in the bag. For a product named "peanut lover's", it is sorely lacking in the starring ingredient. I felt strongly enough about this issue to write your company.
Sincerely,
Scott von Berg

Microwave popcorn is a wonderful treat this time of night... I rarely pick it up, but the grocery ghosts led me to it last weekend. Kudos on a fine choice, phantom impulse!

D'oh... I missed seeing my sweetie online! ding-dong-dangit!

A jolly roger, Newt on my head, a sick computer, and a man lost in a manhole, or rift in space. I look like I have stumps for arms there. Newt and I agree on *something*... "Mer!" "Yeah!" but Newtie's upset, with a poofy-tail, and I seem more calm.Good Morning, Dear Journal!

Random doodle picture from Yesterday's trip home. I was tired. I don't know what it means.

Dreamt last night that I was fighting some guy in a mock up of an arena, surrounded by onlookers. He was vaguely defined.. I knew that he was a bad guy, though... and needed a good trouncing. I was wearing my Superman boxer shorts, white T-shirt and brown socks...My Sweetie was in the audience holding the Kitties, and somehow I knew that Superman himself was out there, too. I don't remember who won or lost, but I didn't get any superpowers or anything and the fight was bare knuckles... the framing element is all that I recall. I *really* have no idea why I was wearing brown socks.

Interesting coincidence? Not really irony. Dork Tower on Web Logging

Illuminated manuscripts (miniatures) from the 12th to 16th centuries

Reflecting on my sweetheart and henna tattoos. I'm smiling... got good reviews on Treasure Planet.. Kev went to see it last weekend, and was quite impressed. I'll probably go catch it over holiday weekend sometime. I also want to hit IMAX to see the Ancient Egypt Documentary...(Speaking of Which...Ark of the Covenant: in Ethiopia? )

The Martian and the Moron.... from here. People I deal with frequently fall into one of the three categories of Martian, Moron, and Devil Puppeteer.

It looks like my brother and I will be going to mom's for thanksgiving, but I'm not planning to stay for very long. Just long enough to be sociable, and then head on homeski.

Newt was a sweetie-boy this morning... he woke me up at sunrise as normal, but instead of wanting to run around and play, we had more muted "attack the hand hiding under the blanket, and run when it fights back" sort of morning. He woke me with a nose in my right tear duct this morning rather than his patty-pats. Just in a cuddly mood. Nothing wrong with that.

Newt chillin' out on the top of the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home