Saturday, December 07, 2002

11/30/02

There was a beautiful morning today... cool and clear. I spent it reading and just soaking up comfortable Newt-snugs, after about two hours of playing with him... the cool weather made a crazy-play-monkey out of him. He officially wore me out first, but he contented himself to playing paper wad soccer while I rested from the chase. He was kind enough to be the ball-return when I throw the paper-balls over different areas of the abode... he fave seemed to be the hall leading to the bathroom, which allows him to skid on a towel most indelicately. Newt is many things, but grace of movement isn't a trait he exhibits often. When running at top speed, his rear legs go faster than his front, causing him to turn a little on his trajectory, and make him prone to skidding on the tile, too. Little soft sock-paws will slip at the best of times.



I gave my brother a mage knight army of his own to play with, made form spares I had. It's a very well balanced 200 (and a few beefy extras to up to make it just shy of 300). He seemed quite happy about it... that's something that I've been meaning to do for quite some time. He's enthused enough that we might play a game tonight. (His interest was mild before, but I think he's more into now that he has his own toys to play with).



relentless zombie horde (For the Bro (16 figures at 299 points)

Weak Lurker
Standard Lurker
Weak Darkwing Zombie
Weak Mending Priestess
Weak Zombie
2 x Standard Zombie
2x Tough Grave Robber
Standard Bone Golem
Standard Shade
2 x Standard Detonating Zombie
Weak Marsh Zombie
Tough Bone Golem
Standard Zombie Hound

Wakeful day, not too sleepy, but dreamy. I wonder what the rest of the day will bring? I've been fooling around most of the day, but may go for a bike ride later, too... the Christmas lights are up all over Las Olas now... funny to see palm trees done up in candy-cane red and white-striped lights. I thought I'd see more vagrants by now, but the population seems to be about the same. It's got to be getting cold enough up North to drive them down here soon...unless the "Broward border" enforcement is happening more than is noticed. That's what they do in Davie... They give people a ride to the county line, if they don't want to go to a shelter.

Pondering what I want to do as treats with the angel tree this year. The gig is two items of clothing, two toys and a book for each child. I think tomorrow, I'm going to devote some extra time to picking those up at toys r us.... the goodies are preferred to be turned back in as soon as possible. I'm going to try to have them in by next weekend, just to have it taken care of. I'm really pleasantly surprised at TRU's clothes department...That makes it much simpler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home