Thursday, May 01, 2003

3/21/03
Earlier....


*gronk, snork*

Ok... ok. I'm up. Got an email that picturestage is closing.. nice of them to give a program to bulk download your pictures before they go belly up. I guess I'll figure out which entries had these Newtie pics sometime this weekend, and put them on my good, reliable server. It's the shots from 12/8/02... I'll cycle them in later on.



Way down among Brazilians
Coffee beans grow by the billions
So they’ve got to find those extra cups to fill
They’ve got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

You can’t get cherry soda
Cause they’ve gotta sell their quota
And the way things are I guess they never will
They’ve got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

No tea or tomato juice
You’ll see no potato juice
Cause the planters down in Santos
All say no, no, no

A politician’s daughter
Was accused of drinkin’ water
And was fined a great big fifty dollar bill
They’ve got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

When Brazilian ham and eggs need savor
Coffee ketchup gives ‘em flavor
Coffee pickles way outsell the dill
Why they put coffee in their coffee in Brazil

You date a man and find out later
He smells like a percolator
His cologne was made right on the grill
Hey they could percolate the ocean in Brazil

Don’t ask for hot cocoa there
They’ll say you’ve gone loco there
But say caffeine or coffee bean and they’ll say ay ay ay

So you’ll add to the local color
Serve some coffee with a cruller
Dunkin doesn’t take a lot of skill
They’ve got an awful lot of coffee
A great big pot of coffee
They’ve got an awful lot of coffee
In Brazil, Brazil, Brazil
Cafe ole
Yeah

He was my wallpaper at work for a wee bit. I love his paws. The thing he's holding is the Digicam strap, and I made the big no-no of using a flash indoors.



And a little Link, since there's a Newt pic in there. The Cat-Eaters of Camaroon (Poor Minah!...not for the squeamish.)

Off to a hopefully promising and productive meeting this morning, before heading to work. I've got a good feeling about it. Have a good day, dear journal... and wish me the same.

Hostage takers are pretty quick to ask for a million dollars without considering the practicalities. How much does it weigh? How much space does it take up? Find out How Much Is Inside?

And that's not all. How many ping-pong balls fit into a Chevy Trailblazer? How much blood does the human body hold? And if you never gotten around to squeezing out your toothpaste end-to-end, they've done the hard work for you.

3/21/03 10:11 am At the starbar - was not told about the cam. I'm glad I did research and knew ahead of time


3/21/03 11:18 am
Interview went very well, two positions are possible - content manager / database programmer

Both look quite nice, and the company seems very close-knit and friendly. It's a Mac shop, but Unix is Unix. OSX shouldn't be vastly different than mandrake.

He asked about freelance for a week or two beforehand, so they could be sure of a good fit, and i agreed. I think that I lean a bit towards the content management... that may have growth potential into the other gig, but gives time to hone my skills in the direction the company can use best.

3/21/03 8:21 pm
Heading home. -UT was ok, except that so many people brought personal machines that the hours from about 5.30 to maybe 7.45 were spent by me getting the smelly win XP laptops configured and shared properly. I'll say it again...WinXP is no winner. I did win the one full game that i did manage to play, if that's any consolation. Maybe i was successful as a result of my annoyance with Horace’s slow, blurry-screened POS.-But Horace was good about waiting patiently, to his credit.

Clark and his friend were the outside ringers... Bheesh's son and Santie did surprisingly well, considering how new to the game they are. Didn’t get to eval Kev, Finn, or Doug much, but Sappho gave me a run for my money in that powerpuff skin of hers. You try shooting at bubbles!

Next time (if there is one) there should be a no new skins rule. Or at least email the skin to all players at least 72 hours in advance.

I've sent off my thank you letter to my most recent interview already... I really liked the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home