Thursday, May 01, 2003

4/9/03
'Babar' Creator Dies

Cecile de Brunhoff, who created the adventurous elephant Babar in 1931, has died in Paris, France, at the age of 99. She created Babar to entertain her three sons with stories before bed. Later, her husband, Jean de Brunhoff, who died in 1937, illustrated the enchanting tales, therefore creating characters Celeste, Zephir and the "Old Lady," who takes care of young Babar after his mother dies. Cecile was born on October 16, 1903

Bro's off to a painting gig, so that's something.

Newt's running all over the house, trying to get a look at the garbage man outside... He can't seem to figure which window is best to look out of, so he's peeking through one window for a microsecond, then dashing to an alternate sill, and then repeating the process. He's talking a bit too; I'm getting kitty doppler effects.

Well, I'm off! Until later, dear journal.

Looks like Bro has managed to wheedle an extension with the landlord... who knows how long it'll last, but at least it's something. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not my eyes.





I am the sonnet, never quickly thrilled;
Not prone to overstated gushing praise
Nor yet to seething rants and anger, filled
With overstretched opinions to rephrase;
But on the other hand, not fond of fools,
And thus, not fond of people, on the whole;
And holding to the sound and useful rules,
Not those that seek unjustified control.
I'm balanced, measured, sensible (at least,
I think I am, and usually I'm right);
And when more ostentatious types have ceased,
I'm still around, and doing, still, alright.
In short, I'm calm and rational and stable -
Or, well, I am, as much as I am able.
What Poetry Form Are You?




What Sort of Hat Are You? I am a Crash Helmet.I am a Crash Helmet.


I may appear to take risks, but they're always carefully calculated to be not actually that risky. My primary concern is for my safety and comfort, and that of those around me; only when that's taken care of do I go after fun. What Sort of Hat Are You?




click here if you want to play a vampire game like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home