Sunday, August 24, 2003

8/22/03
I received a lovely, sweet sound card in the mail yesterday, and when I went to open the case on big brain, I discovered that my dinky little phillips-head driver isn't up to opening up the pneumatically drilled in screws from last upgrade… sort of like having an Easter basket wrapped in titanium cellophane. Sometime this weekend I'll see what I can do about rectifying that situation. For now, it's just taunting me, though. I'll have to ask Sappho if I should expect any special songs and dances I need to do for this motherboard, too... she's dealt with a bunch of these systems.

Mid-90s expression I don't miss hearing... "Don't go there"

Wasting a little time between coding and writing some letters… always fun to putter a bit.

Some of us find old sofas by the side of the road and refurbish our apartments with them. The Disposal Services Agency in the United Kingdom is a lot like that except they sell the stuff they pick up. If you're in the market for an old warship or a helicopter, they want to hear from you.

Keywords that hit my website today via Google - "cheap baby raccoons on sale under 75 "

A year ago I was burning a copy of Runteldat for Dale. Now neither of us works there. He, curiously enough, is at Nordis... the place that ran afoul of me in February. I see him on AIM every now again, and he's working with Tuan over there. I'll have to make a point of pinging him soon and saying hi.

Time has not been too kind to Buck Rogers... Wilma still looks good, though.

(before pics)

Bah! Netscape.com blocks linking to LiveJournal? I can see my images from my homepage, but not on the livejournal.com proper addresses. I’m going to have to use some other remote hosting, like fotki.

phooey.

Super villain repost, from my deviant art account, let's see if this works.

myself as villain, via deviant art


Today's Eats

Point Range: 31-36
Points: 31.2 Adj: 0 Act: 2 Rem: 6.8
Bank: 10.0 Adj: 0
Bank Max: 10 Point: 5 Act: 4
Bank Method: Rolling 7 days
Vitamins: Yes

Breakfast: 8.3 points
2.8: Cereals; QUAKER OAT CINNAMON LIFE
2.8: Cereals; QUAKER OAT CINNAMON LIFE
0.3: Egg; whole; hard-boiled
0.3: Egg; whole; hard-boiled
2.1: Orange juice; chilled; includes from concentrate

Lunch: 5.5 points
4.0: Riblets morningstar
0.1: Beans; snap; green; canned; no salt added; drained solids
1.4: Bagels; egg

Dinner: 12.0 points (at Panera...yum!)
10.5: Sourdough bread bowl
1.5: Mesa Bean & Vegetable Soup

Snack: 5.4 points
0.3: Egg; whole; hard-boiled
2.1: Orange juice; chilled; includes from concentrate
1.0: Dove dark chocolate promise
1.0: Dove dark chocolate promise
1.0: Dove dark chocolate promise

In other news, I'm bummed... I just got this in the email today -
"Notice to PublixDirect customers: The PublixDirect online grocery service has ended. All ordering and delivery has been discontinued. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough volume to keep operating. We appreciate your business and loyalty. It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we hope that you will continue to shop with Publix in your local store."

Man... No more home-delivered goodies! That was such a great help. I'm going to have to look into what other options are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home